Hi again! We are about to go through a few changes given new legislation coming out over the next few days. For your information I've noted bullet points with the "new rules", if you'd like more information drop us a message. I'll likely do another video when the guidelines are finally released.
Things that have changed:
Face masks must be worn when arriving, departing, or moving about the pub now. This includes going to the loo or out for a cigarette!
We must now be closed by 10pm, this means last orders at 9.30, service ends at 9.45, you don't have to go home but you can't be here at 10!
Things that are the same for us but now are law:
Maximum of six people per booking/table. These can be from multiple households, but must remain seated without "mingling".
No standing/vertical drinking.
Table service only.
Staff must wear facemasks.
Track and Trace details will be collected from everyone. We have a NHS QR code, however the app may or may not be launched in time/work, in any event we will continue collecting all guest details until we are sure the app is working and we have been given clear guidance. This information will be destroyed after 21 days.
We prefer reservations to walk-ins, but for now, either is ok.
And our house rules:
Toilets are strictly one-in, one-out, even if you are from the same household (kids can go with a parent of course). Please use the door indicators on your way in and out. If it's occupied, let us know and we'll virtually queue you! No waiting by the loos as this causes a breakdown in social distancing.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wait at the front of the bar to be seated, doesn't matter if you're meeting friends here already, or just coming in for one drink, we need to know who you are, why you are and where you are.
We are in the process of modifying the one-way system and will update you on this in due course.
And finally, a huge thank you to those of you following the rules, we love you, you are our favourites!
PS We have been accredited with Visit Britain 'Good to Go' industry standard ! This reflects how seriously we have taken social distancing, cleanliness and government guidelines. Wherever you see their logo, you know your in safe hands!
As always, big love xox
A new update (1/7/20):
After some careful consideration with all staff and some serious number crunching, we have amended our opening plans. We will still be operating the measures previously announced in terms of reservations and social distancing. We are however changing our hours and days of operation. At this stage we will look to open on the 10th of July at 5pm. The intention is to open Friday 5-11pm, and Saturday & Sunday midday-11pm. Reservations are open now for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. We'll look to slowly reintroduce more hours and days depending on the CV19 climate and success of the weekend trade. We will continue the delivery service Thursday-Sunday and takeaway will be available during opening hours and food service times.
Please bear with us as we adjust to this new way of operating!
As always, thank you for your support!
Some exciting news on Tuesday 23rd! We are continuing with our plan to open to the public from Monday 6th July. With this in mind, we will be operating a reservation only policy. This is so that we can manage visit logistics and collect information for the Government's Track and Trace program. Unfortunately, we are still awaiting guidance on what data is required. In the interests of efficiency, we will not open our reservation system up until we know what information is required.
In the meantime, further risk assessment/mitigation work is being carried out.
We can give you a snapshot of how things are lining up at the moment though:
- Our function room will remain closed, due to the narrow nature of the staircase for access,
- All service will be table service, no touching the bar!
- Toilets will be strictly 1 in, 1 out, meaning you may have to wait to use the loo. In this scenario you will be asked to wait at your table,
- Bookings will be per table, with 1 table maximum size of 6, 3 tables with maximum size of 4 and 6 tables for 2. These are the indoor tables, and we will expect only members of your household or support bubble to be sat here. If you are hoping to meet with friends at a distance, we will endeavour to put your reservations near each other,
- We will be asking for a deposit in advance of your reservation, with these limitations, we cannot afford to reserve tables and then have a no-show. The deposit will be returned upon arrival/put against your bill. If you contact us with sufficient notice (3 hours) to cancel, you will get your money back,
- The pub will be laid out in a one(ish) way system. This is to increase overall safety, also furniture cannot under any circumstances be moved,
- Food and drinks will be available for both dining in and takeaway.
- Alcohol sanitiser will be at the front and rear doors, we would encourage the use of these IN CONJUNCTION with frequent hand washing and good personal hygiene,
- The beer garden will have a limited capacity with 2 tables of 4 and 2 tables of 2 able to be reserved, and following the same rules as the internal tables re: households/service/deposit,
- All reservations will be allocated a 2 hour slot, please note you can make more than one reservation if you would like to stay longer, however we will need to take deposits for each slot.
Thank you so much for you support, and look forward to seeing you soon!